The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The 3:30 Am posts will always be on the lighter side!

After seeing this go around on several blogs, here's my list:

Ten things I've done that most people haven't:

1. Served God as a Protestant missionary for two years.
2. Converted to Catholicism shortly thereafter.
3. First met my husband face-to-face at an airport after corresponding
several months, believing that I was about to meet the man I'd marry
someday, while praying I'd be able to recognize him from his photo.
4. Spotted a Guam license plate while travelling down the west side of the
Hudson River.
5. Gave birth to two daughters with the same birthdate...exactly five years
and 23 minutes apart.
6. Been a guest speaker to share my conversion story at several retreats.
7. While working as a customer service employee at a local supermarket in
high school, I used the "no ID...no check cashed" rule to refuse to cash a
check of Caroline Kennedy's, who was going to prep school in town.
8. Spent four months working as a store detective detaining shoplifters.
9. Marched in the Bicentennial Parade of our nation in Concord MA in a
fife and drum corps in 1976 (grew up in Concord).
10. Played the role of "Mrs. Peterson" in a local community theater production
of "Bye Bye, Birdie"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home