The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Dizzy Discernment

Well, today marks the "I think I may have found it" day in terms of homeschool curriculum for next year. For the past couple of months I've been praying and trying to discern what to do for next year, and I'm seriously leaning toward trying Catholic Heritage Curriculum. I've looked at many different full service schools, but after two years of a pretty relaxed approach I think we'd find them all too constricting. I've done mostly unit studies that I've created on my own, and I'm feeling pretty burnt out....but moreso, I feel God calling me to use a more Catholic approach. The only really big question yet is a math curriculum for my 7th grader who has just had enough of Saxon....I know they are one of the best, but spending almost every day in tears tells me that it's time for something else. Still early on in the discernment stage there...and I know that God works well on these human deadlines of mine!

Today my husband officially announced my blog existence on his own blog...so I guess I'll be "re-born" with a new name. Most of the links that I will eventually have (I have a list started...that's progress!) on my blogroll are there because of his own links...either firsthand or as a link from one of them. I also expect that I'll open myself up to comments much quicker...I'm the extrovert, can you tell?