The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Holy Thursday....Eucharist....and feet washing

Just came back from Mass and an hour of prayer with Jesus, and needed to post....Mass was so emotional for me tonight. It's been 14 years since I had my own foot washed and received our Lord for the first time two days later, and every year the Triduum just means more and more to me. Tonight I was feeling so sad and angry, wondering if Terri's family would even get to Mass this weekend....thinking of poor Terri who cannot "eat" or "drink" on this night when the sacrament of Communion was first celebrated.

However, I was challenged this evening, and in the end, had to lay my anger and sadness down before our Lord, and just pray for peace. I was reflecting on the humility of Christ, washing each disciple's foot....the proud Peter, the doubting Thomas....and eventually, the traitor Judas. It hit me that if Jesus were here right now, he would wash Terri's feet with so much love and tenderness....but he would show the SAME love as he washed the feet of Michael Schiavo or Judge Greer.....or me. He died for each one of us, and His love is unconditional. Lord, I pray that someday I may be able to love like that....TRULY love like that. Not just my children--for whom it is easy---but for those that I harbor anger and resentments toward as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home