The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Friday, April 15, 2005

Missing my blogtime...

Well, since Mittens was put to sleep I've been doing less 3:30am blogging...unfortunately the past couple of weeks have been so busy that I've not gotten much time to do anything more online than read a few of my favorite blogs. Luckily my Ape husband keeps me informed of anything major happening in the world.

Today we had a family "shopping" day to spend our tax return, and although a LONG day, it was fun to spend some time together. So often I have the kids all day and then say hello and goodbye when Ape gets home to head off to either work, school, or church. In a few more weeks my concert will be over, school will be out for the summer, and weekly religion classes at church will cease until fall, and I'm greatly anticipating more free time in the evenings! Of course, with homeschool portfolios due at the end of June, I still have some tasks ahead! Actually, both portfolios are in pretty good shape...I have the last month or so to add, as well as some photos. I usually do some scrapbooking to give the girls a "momento" of their year, and I also find it very relaxing, so I'm looking forward to doing so. This year I chose a "Beatrix Potter" theme for each. The reason? While cleaning out closets at work, I came across a couple of dozen old wallpaper sample books that I think have been in the closet for about 10 years! Although "old", I found that they cut down very nicely and provide some wonderful scrapbooking patterns....and they're free! (Ask me in two years if they've held up!)

Next week our homeschool coop has a big craft/history/science fair, and my oldest has two entries....the first is a painting from an art class she took this spring, and the second is a poster display of Ellis Island and some of her ancestors that came through. This is her last big project of the year...right now we're trying to get through these last few weeks!

Tomorrow I go on a day long retreat for school....I'll write more about the time away with God. For now, I'm going to go and catch up on a few more blogs!

2 Comments:

Blogger Magou said...

Well, nice to hear about the shopping day - can't you include it as a course in home-schooling? I could teach it! Also nice to know that the girls have had a great school year - I bet I know which relatives came through at Ellis...And scrapbooking - I am always impressed with how they turn out but I have two drawbacks - first not creative enough to 'see' the layout and what would look good and not detract from the actual items and second (these days I guess most important) it sounds soooo time consuming...glad to hear that you will have some time to relax - have a wonderful God visit...

7:15 AM  
Blogger Laurel said...

Well, I guess that your blog is being posted by Pacific time....there is NO WAY that you could be up at 4:15 AM...unless you're just going to bed! Hmmmm....shopping 101 in Maine...I like the sound of that! :O)

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home