The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Motherhood is NOT for wimps...

The Storm Queen appears to be on the mend...she didn't need the bucket at all yesterday and her fever seems to be down today. This morning she has already asked to wear her new short culotte skirt (I love hand-me-down bags!!), and when I told her it might not be warm enough she replied, "but it's FASHIONABLE!"

She then went to pick up a BABY BLUES cartoon book to read (I think the authors have held stake-outs outside our windows to get their material!) and put the first one down to pick up Motherhood is Not for Wimps instead....looking up with her new tooth-missing grin she says, "I like this one better because Zoe and Hammie fight alot"....and then added, "Wanda thinks she's a wimp....but YOU'RE a mother and YOU'RE not a wimp."

Bless you, my child.

6 Comments:

Blogger Magou said...

Hi there - sorry to hear about the little one's sickness but it was so touching to read about your vigil and all the intense feelings that it brought up - brought me to tears...so glad to hear that she finially is better and that she has NOT lost her sense of fashion!!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger ~m2~ said...

ahhh, you can tell when we are in the throes of a stomach virus: telltale tupperware litters the homefront. glad she is feeling better.

also, i agree 100% - you are so not a wimp :)

glad i finally *found* you!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Smallman said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about computer scrapbooking. It pretty much covers computer scrapbooking and other similar topics available.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

I was searching for home school books, and came to your site Laurel. After reading Motherhood is NOT for wimps..., I could really use this on my site, home school books, with your permission of course.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Laurel, Motherhood is NOT for wimps... turns out to be exactly what I am looking for, for my site homeschool . With your permission, I would like to publish it.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

Laurel, Motherhood is NOT for wimps... turns out to be exactly what I am looking for, for my site homeschool . With your permission, I would like to publish it.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home