The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pope Benedict XVI's first homily...

I just finished reading the first homily by our new Pope, posted by

Amy Welborn
and was struck by one statement in particular that our new Holy Father had to say:

"I undertake this special ministry, the 'Petrine' ministry at the service of the Universal Church, with humble abandon to the hands of the Providence of God."

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by St. Ignatius:
"There are very few people who realize what God would make of them if they abandoned themselves into his hands, and let themselves be formed by his grace."

I am so hopeful for what the future may bring for our Church. I must admit some sadness and a bit of anger at my OWN parish leadership's response--one saying "oh...Ratzinger...he's a Nazi" and the other declaring that he was heading off to "console" himself with chocolate...what they had hoped for, I can only speculate--and I'm not taking that road. Pope Benedict's humility and trust in God--and his faith in not just his predecessor, but in the line that stretches back to Jesus and Peter--is evident early on. May God bless this vessel with infinite grace and wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home