The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Child, go to bed!!

It's now 10:30pm and I finally got my storm queen to sleep...she was so excited about the fact that as of tomorrow at lunch she'll be a "second grader" that she even cried a bit....and then bounced around on her bed, on her sister's bed, off the walls, and almost into my coffee cup for the next hour or so. I'd forgotten about the "last day of school--beginning of summer vacation" excitement of a child.
Now I've come downstairs to find the Equestrienne happier than I've seen her in days. Good evaluation, you say? Nawhh.....it was the best dad in the world buying her the DVD of Harry Potter III for her to watch. Now that it's over, she's saying she's not tired--nope, not one bit. Mom, on the other hand, has been up since 6:00 and has a chest cold, and I AM tired. Granted, the coughing might keep ME up, but aren't children supposed to go to sleep before their parents??!!

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy burdened...and I will give you rest"
Now why is that one of my favorite Bible verses?

1 Comments:

Blogger Magou said...

Me again, so nice to hear about the girls progress...and your progress as a teacher - glad that the portfolio evals went well and that you already have next year ready - WOW I barely finished my tentavie summer schedule for only myself - never mind for self, two children, and oh by the way a household! Love you!!!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home