The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Sunday, May 29, 2005

A couple of fun things...

Spending my weekend catching up on favorite blogs, and found both of these that
looked fun. Thanks, Alicia for posting these...now have fun!

Mindless trivia #1 -- The ABC's of Getting to Know You

A is for Age - 46
B is for Booze – strawberry daiquires
C is for Career - mom; part time religious ed. database manager
D is for Dad’s name - Bernard
E is for Essential items to bring to a party – my watch
F is for Favorite song at the moment – "Mr. Mom" -- Lonestar (guaranteed to change in the NEXT moment!!)
H is for Hometown – Concord, MA
I is for Instrument you play – Piano...guitar is collecting dust
J is for Jam or Jelly you like - Raspberry, strawberry
K is for Kids - 2 girls
L is for Living arrangement – old, little, rundown farmhouse...lots of potential until we started having kids!
M is for Mom’s name - Helen
N is for Names of best friends – Mary, Judy, DeDe, Beth
O is for overnight hospital stays – 2 baby deliveries...exactly 5 years and 23 minutes apart (makes it easy for mom to remember their birthday!)
P is for Phobias – FROGS & DENTISTS....together OR apart!
Q is for Quote you like – Who you are is God's gift to you; who you become is your gift back to God....wish I knew who said it.
R is for Relationship that lasted longest – I'm assuming that means romantic...I guess my husband of almost 15 years would win that one!
S is for Siblings – 1 Sister, 2 brother--oldest is severely retarded and lives in a group home...have only seen him a few times....hey, it was a different world back in my mom's earlier days!
U is for Unique trait – I tend to be an optomist...that's relatively unique these days!
V if for Vegetable you love - Asparagus, spinach
W is for Worst trait - perfectionism, pride...and I do guilt too well!
X - is for XRays you’ve had – Chest xray once; teeth xrays LONG ago...
Y is for Yummy food you make – family birthday cake recipie, Swedish meatballs, chicken wings....I like "down home" cooking
Z is for Zodiac sign – Pisces, although I'm not too big on the whole thing!

Mindless Trivia #2...
"What five things are the people you know well crazy about that you just don't get?"
1. American Idol -- Makes me glad we gave up television years ago.
2. Any Survivor show -- see above
3. Perfect landscaping -- an advantage of an old, rundown farmhouse is that the
"rustic" look works! Doesn't help that I'm allergic to most of the outdoors!
4. Any big name department store -- did I mention I live within 2 miles of FIVE
different dollar stores?? I also have a hard time walking past a used bookstore!
5. The Academy Awards -- alot of hullabaloo over not much at all!

And now, MY contribution...I'm actually STARTING one!

Mindless trivia #3...in all fairness--
Name five things that you ARE crazy about that most people would think you're wierd for:
1. CBS Soaps -- It's my hour and a half of escape every few days...even I think
I'm nuts, but I've been watching these two shows since they started!
2. Homeschooling -- Maybe I AM crazy!
3. Iced coffee -- (especially Dunkin Donuts!)...drink it all year long!
4. Libraries -- we have cards to three so far...I don't dare get anymore!
5. Jesus Christ -- this is a serious one...as a pagan turned Protestant missionary
turned avid Roman Catholic, some folks still think I'm nuts (not to mention most
of the world), but my faith is by far the most important thing in my life!

23 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

I thought of starting that third meme but you beat me to it! So I will pick it up from you ... probably tomorrow. :-)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I will use your meme too! On Wednesday! I'm happy to find your site! Julie sent me :o)
You sound like a very interesting person! I'm going to read more!
Donna

12:57 PM  
Blogger Magou said...

Hi There...will have fun sending my answers to you - hope to find the time/make the time this week, although you never know! Thanks for bringing a memory of Bernie - what a beautiful soul...have a great first week of summer vacation!!! Love You!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

I was searching for homeschool, and came to your site Laurel. After reading A couple of fun things..., I could really use this on my site, homeschool, with your permission of course.

10:35 PM  
Blogger freefood100 said...

My friend actually sent me a link to this A couple of fun things... blog post and I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but nothing about create a free gift certificate specifically. And I found this great site create a free gift certificate and was wondering if anyone here also thinks it has a good concept offering create a free gift certificate

I am bookmarking this to check back in a couple of days, please let me know what you think! If anybody knows of any sites that are similar please let me know. Thanks!

2:34 PM  
Blogger freefood100 said...

My friend actually sent me a link to this A couple of fun things... blog post and I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but nothing about free gift certificate form specifically. And I found this great site free gift certificate form and was wondering if anyone here also thinks it has a good concept offering free gift certificate form

I am bookmarking this to check back in a couple of days, please let me know what you think! If anybody knows of any sites that are similar please let me know. Thanks!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Ted Roxan said...

Not bad Laurel, A couple of fun things... is an entry that I would like to add to my site, home school cirriculums, with your permission please.

5:21 AM  
Blogger stuffthatsfree101 said...

My friend actually sent me a link to this A couple of fun things... blog post and I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but nothing about free blank gift certificate specifically. And I found this great site free blank gift certificate and was wondering if anyone here also thinks it has a good concept offering free blank gift certificate.

I am bookmarking this to check back in a couple of days, please let me know what you think! If anybody knows of any sites that are similar please let me know. Thanks!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

I've just found your blog about cuban expresso coffee recipes whilst I was looking for more information to add to my blog about cuban expresso coffee recipes. You've got a great blog going here. It's always good to have more information about cuban expresso coffee recipes. I've just started my own blog about cuban expresso coffee recipes if you would like to take a look.
Keep up the good work.

4:28 PM  
Blogger freefood100 said...

HI there....I came across your A couple of fun things... blog and was wondering if you could help point me an some direction because all I keep finding is free blank gift certificate related stuff and I am very interested in it but not finding anything about the subject. I am looking for free blank gift certificate...although I did come across this site free blank gift certificate and it was actually pretty cool. I was hoping to get some feedback and I think you have a great blog here and I will be bookmarking it to check back in a couple of days.

Anyways, let me know if you have any other resources related to free blank gift certificate specifically and post it here. I will much appreciate it...thanks!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

I would like to link to your entry, A couple of fun things... , Laurel . It would be a perfect fit for my website homeschool curriculum , with your permission.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

After reading A couple of fun things..., Laurel I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool lesson plans . If I could have your permission.

10:57 AM  
Blogger stuffthatsfree101 said...

My friend actually sent me a link to this A couple of fun things... blog post and I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but nothing about free gift certificate specifically. And I found this great site free gift certificate and was wondering if anyone here also thinks it has a good concept offering free gift certificate.

I am bookmarking this to check back in a couple of days, please let me know what you think! If anybody knows of any sites that are similar please let me know. Thanks!

9:12 PM  
Blogger stuffthatsfree101 said...

HI there....I came across your A couple of fun things... blog and was wondering if you could help point me an some direction because all I keep finding is free amazon gift certificate related stuff and I am very interested in it but not finding anything about the subject. I am looking for free amazon gift certificate...although I did come across this site free amazon gift certificate and it was actually pretty cool. I was hoping to get some feedback and I think you have a great blog here and I will be bookmarking it to check back in a couple of days.

Anyways, let me know if you have any other resources related to free amazon gift certificate specifically and post it here. I will much appreciate it...thanks!

5:57 AM  
Blogger stuffthatsfree101 said...

My friend actually sent me a link to this A couple of fun things... blog post and I have to admit, theres some pretty good info here but nothing about free gift certificate specifically. And I found this great site free gift certificate and was wondering if anyone here also thinks it has a good concept offering free gift certificate

I am bookmarking this to check back in a couple of days, please let me know what you think! If anybody knows of any sites that are similar please let me know. Thanks!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

After reading A couple of fun things..., Laurel I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool gathering place . If I could have your permission.

7:22 PM  
Blogger pshinen said...

I was browsing through the blogs here and searching for related to certificate free gift online and I just had to share my website with you. Please click here and check out a load of free stuff on certificate free gift online. Let me know what you think! You can get certificate free gift online by filling out some free offers and redeeming it for points good toward all gift certificates.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Texas Seo Expert said...

I will add this blog to my favorites right away. i run a website based on gift catalogs and think you will find it a useful resource.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

I would like to link to your entry, A couple of fun things... , Laurel . It would be a perfect fit for my website homeschool lesson plans , with your permission.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I would like to link to your entry, A couple of fun things... , Laurel . It would be a perfect fit for my website home school cirriculums , with your permission.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I was searching for home school cirriculums, and came to your site Laurel. After reading A couple of fun things..., I could really use this on my site, home school cirriculums, with your permission of course.

10:06 AM  
Blogger lindaweaverfamily said...

Vegetables are great, but the Heart Start Defibrillator is better (At saving your life, that is ;) ).

1:53 AM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

Laurel, A couple of fun things... turns out to be exactly what I am looking for, for my site homeschool . With your permission, I would like to publish it.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home