The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

God bless More modern mammographies!

Okay, if anyone had told me even yesterday that I'd EVER be praising the process of having one's anatomical parts being squished like a pancake, I'd have laughed. But this morning I drove for my long overdue mammogram, and found a brand new kind of machine awaiting me. The machine did NOT make me practice Lamaze breathing, or even remotely desire hitting or kicking the radiologist....it just did enough of what it was supposed to do to take a picture. Not just a PICTURE, but a 3-D version that pops up on the computer screen....was that really ME? The pictures are supposed to be the best around, and it doesn't hurt. Well, that's all I need to say that I'll go and do it again next year, and won't even complain. I also am 100% certain that this new machine was invented by a woman.

Although I'm not a radiologist, I didn't see anything in the screen images that looked like something to worry about...I'll wait for the report to arrive in the next few days or so. On a serious note, I urge all my female comrades out there in the blogosphere to think about whether they are due for this delightful test...even with the OLD machine, if it can save a life by early detection, then please don't hesitate! It may be your life you are saving!

2 Comments:

Blogger ~m2~ said...

boy was this timely...i have the script sitting and waiting for me to make the phone call.

okay, okay.

i don't think we have a new machine though. pancakes and bb's, here i come...

7:33 AM  
Blogger Magou said...

Can you send that machine to Maine???? PLEASE??? Love you!

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home