The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Anyone else have hot, cranky kids??

Well, it's 7:23 AM and it's already hotter outside than in....much as I love living in PA, this early summer heatwave has got me in a GROUCHY mood!! We don't have air conditioning, and this heat and humidity remind me of my Houston days.

The girls have been cranky, cranky, cranky.....unfortunately, so has mom! Today we absolutely stuck at home as I insisted that my Ape Husband take the good car to work. The "bad" car--the one he usually drives--has NO fan, so no air whatsoever...and the driver's window doesn't open either, so he's just driving around a portable oven! He SAYS it's not so bad as he parks on the lowest deck of the parking garage where it at least stays DARK, but I noticed he didn't fight me today when I told him to take the other car! :O)

We have a little mini pool that helps, but the day ahead sure does seem long! At least there is a coldfront promised tomorrow!

Update on the showdown at the okay corral....there is a baby jay in the next this morning, so the "feud" has been taken up a notch!! I guess I should be grateful that I don't have to spend my day flying around chasing crows away!! Off to make dinner before it gets any hotter...then another of scrapbooking in front of the fan!

3 Comments:

Blogger jordan said...

Me me me! I do! I'm just slightly south of you in Northern Virginia and yes, it is just too darn hot and sticky. Bleech- this was why I left Houston!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Loni said...

I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now. I thought I could get to know you better by . . .

YOU'VE BEEN BOOK TAGGED! :)

1. The most books you've ever owned.
2. The last book I bought . . .
3. The five books that mean the most to me are. . .

The 5 people I am tagging:

(You can read what I wrote on my blog when I was tagged! :) )

6:44 PM  
Blogger Magou said...

No heat wave hear - although today was finally sunny - for weeks the rest of new england things are sunny - even New Hampshire that never happes! - but not Maine....oh well we'll pay for it soon and I also become a bear when it gest steamy - would never be good in the South...Love

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home