The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day

I woke up early this morning, and spent some time remembering my dad...he's been gone almost five years now, and there are still those moments I miss him terribly, but most of the time I have just warm memories. Sometimes I'm sad when I think of what he missed out on in not being a church goer...that call to community is part of our faith, and I think he would have found so many ways to quietly serve. However, he lived a life that reflected Jesus...his unselfish love to his family, his willing heart to help others...his unconditional love for his children...much of my own image of God was learned because of who my Dad was. Those of you who knew him will no doubt agree...

I also want to thank God this morning for the father of MY children...this wonderful man who I've been so blessed to be with for almost 15 fifteen years. I thank you for his devotion to his wife and daughters, knowing that we are a "little church". I know without a doubt that family has priority over his job, and I am grateful. As a dad, he is firm, loving, honest, and true....and even downright silly at times, to the delight of his little girls! I watch them together and know that they are learning not just about their own dad, but about a loving God who loves His children unconditionally....they see not just a father who provides for them, but a role model for the kind of man I pray God provides for each of them someday...most of all, I thank you for a man who shows his children just how much he loves his wife.
Last night we talking about how "easy" our marriage has been...certainly not without it's ups & downs, but all in all, it's been easy. Why God blessed us in this way I can't say...I can only give thanks. Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there, and a special thank you to my wonderful "ape" husband.

1 Comments:

Blogger Epiphany said...

God blessed you and your marriage, because you are a warm and loving woman. You have a heart, that is so big, he gave you a best friend and two children and a wonderful community to share it with. :)

Happy Father's day to the ape.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home