The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

You've been book tagged!!

A new reader of my blog has "book tagged" me, which means I get to answer the following questions, and then send them on to five others to do the same...her blog is one that touches the heart...so be sure to visit
Loni at Journaling Through the Valley....and it's nice to have yet another homeschool mom to get to know! Okay, my questions:


YOU'VE BEEN BOOK TAGGED! :)

1. The most books you've ever owned.
Well, that would be now....as one who met my husband as a penpal through an organization called "Single Bookloves", we were sort of "condemned" to a life of clutter and dusty bookshelves anywhere we can fit one...add two kids who like to read and the decision to homeschool a few years back...well, you get the idea! Before we moved out to PA over 13 years ago I had the idea to actual "catalog" all my husband's books as an anniversary gift...I got them all written down and at that time there were over 2300...13 years later, I guess we could probably open a little branch of the local library here! (Maybe pushing close to 3000???? We have 15 bookshelves!)

2. The last book I bought . . .
"ON STAGE" and "LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION" by Lisa Bany-Winters. They are two children's drama activity books that I'll be using next year to teach a drama/music theater class at our homeschool coop.

3. The five books that mean the most to me are. . .
BIBLE, the dictionary, the biography of ST. ELIZABETH BAILEY SETON, LETTERS TO GABRIEL by Karen Santorum, and the BABY BLUES cartoon books (they keep me sane and are a lovely reflection of the insanity that takes place daily in our home!). Ask me again tomorrow, and aside from the first selection, you might get a totally different list! :O)

Before I name my "tag-ees", please know that I've been lax in reading my blogs in the last week...my husband said that this one's been going around, so if I'm tagging someone who's already been tagged elsewhere, disregard it, okay?

Chris
Epiphany
Penni
Mary

...and because he's such a wonderful husband who allowed me an "easy" one...
Bob

7 Comments:

Blogger Epiphany said...

Yikes...that's alot of books...just kidding...I have no room to talk! I already did this one a few weeks ago, but I'll give you the link, so you can read what I wrote... I loved your list BTW and am glad to see I am not the only one with more books than I know what to do with. hehehe.

http://minivanmom74.samsproductions.com/?p=181

10:11 PM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

After reading You've been book tagged!!, Laurel I believe I could use the content for my site, homeschool lesson plans . If I could have your permission.

11:54 PM  
Blogger freefood100 said...

I am not very good at writing blog post and found You've been book tagged!! while searching for create a free gift certificate related stuff...I am usually on ICQ and was chatting with a buddy of mine about a website he found regarding create a free gift certificate and we were amazed at how well the site is put together.

I was wondering if anyone here had any feedback about it. Please let me know if you like the site and post back here or any resources you know about create a free gift certificate. I will be bookmarking this blog and I will check back in a day or so. Thanks!

6:13 PM  
Blogger freefood100 said...

HI there....I came across your You've been book tagged!! blog and was wondering if you could help point me an some direction because all I keep finding is blank certificate free gift printable related stuff and I am very interested in it but not finding anything about the subject. I am looking for blank certificate free gift printable...although I did come across this site blank certificate free gift printable and it was actually pretty cool. I was hoping to get some feedback and I think you have a great blog here and I will be bookmarking it to check back in a couple of days.

Anyways, let me know if you have any other resources related to blank certificate free gift printable specifically and post it here. I will much appreciate it...thanks!

3:05 AM  
Blogger Ted Roxan said...

Hey Laurel, I need articles for my site, homeschool gathering place, so I did a search for homeschool gathering place and came across your site. I just read your entry, You've been book tagged!! and thought I could use this entry as an article. I of course am asking your permission before I publish it.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

Hey Laurel, I read your entry, You've been book tagged!!. I would like to use it on my site homeschool curriculum with your permission.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Hey Laurel, I need articles for my site, home school cirriculums, so I did a search for home school cirriculums and came across your site. I just read your entry, You've been book tagged!! and thought I could use this entry as an article. I of course am asking your permission before I publish it.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home