The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I plan....God chuckles

Well, the first week of school is half over, and already we're behind! :O) We started out great on the 4th; had planned a simple day and it covered music/gym/civics, as we marched in our town's parade of the first ever "Kazoo band", to which the town has applied to Guiness Book of world records...the day also included a nice program in our town circle with the band, chorus, and a marine from Iraq speaking. It was so nice to hear the POSITIVE things that are happening over there firsthand...if the media would cover THAT stuff more often, what a difference it would make in the country "public opinion polls".

Dinner time, day one....my little storm queen comes down with a stomach bug...I send the ape husband and my oldest (who I have nicknamed the "Authoress") to the fireworks, and I stay home to do bucket brigade. Two days later, and hopefully things are quieting down JUST a bit. My oldest started a three week drama day camp yesterday, and seems to love it. Aside from practically NO sleep, and the storm queen has done NO work yet, the school year is off to a great start! My authoress has done the few extras required so far, and seems to be glad to be back to a "structured" day. I'm hoping that the storm queen might feel up to doing a little bit later on today, but we'll most likely just start her off next week.

Add to all this, my ape husband's car has pretty much died, so I'll be doing lots of driving in the next few weeks (during drama camp I think I figured 80 miles a day in the end!)...when the fall comes, we'll plan on 2-3 days of driving him in to work, and then staying home the other 2-3 days. I'm actually looking forward to HAVING to stay home...I think we tend to overschedule outselves sometimes!

Oh well, my little storm queen has now gone 9 hours without a bucket, and has slept most of that time to catch up...mommy will drink too much caffeine today and kiss those two nights of sleep goodbye (I long ago learned that moms NEVER catch up on that lost sleep!). Just as well the school year will start late...I'm not sure the teacher is all that with it today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Epiphany said...

You gotta love a stomach flu...my youngest managed to get three last year and they always hit the day before a test in my accounting class or computer programming class. Yup...stomach flu's are fun. :)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home