The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sketches of my Storm Queen..

This past week I've had a few joyous memories of my little storm queen...the other day she walked into an upstairs bedroom where I had just rearranged furniture (we're giving them their own rooms this next weekend and I'm doing lots of preliminary work), and after looking at all of my labors she asked, "Mom, did you move all this by YOURSELF??" When I nodded, she gave me this wide-eyed look and exclaimed "Mom, you are AMAZING!!" Elastic-girl, eat your heart out...

Yesterday morning I taught her a song that I had planned on teaching to her homeschool music class of 1-2 graders...it comes out a Wee Sing Book, and it's along the same lines of the old "Deep & Wide" church song. The song is "Little Peter Rabbit has a Fly upon his Ear", and you sing it alot like BINGO, in that each verse you take out another word....well, all day long I heard her walking around just singing the last verse...."Little Peter ____ has a ____ upon his _____" in this cute little singsong voice. I may need to rethink this one!

1 Comments:

Blogger Epiphany said...

Ya know...I really liked the Wee Sing songs...that is until the 500th time I played the tape in my van. Mysteriously...it went missing this summer. Hmmmm, I wonder what happened too it. *fighting the urge to give an evil grin*

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home