The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Another year of religious education begins...

Yesterday our parish religious education formation (REF) classes began for the younger grades (the older grades have got a week done already), and after leaving my position as one of the REF staff for the past five years, I found it incredibly refreshing to just be a catechist for a change. To be able to just spend time with the kids and get to know them all in a special way is something I'm looking forward to. I'm also blessed to have both of my godchildren in my class. Since both of my own are in sacrament prep. years--and also because I think they can benefit from a teacher OTHER than mom after all day--I chose 3rd grade because of my godchildren.

I'm sure you'll hear LOTS about the adventures of being a catechist during the year...but after being staff, it sure was nice to be able to just walk out and say goodbye to the new coordinator when I was done! I ask for your prayers for the year ahead; I've been entrusted with helping to nurture 21 little souls in their faith development, and I am confident that with God's grace I may make a difference without totally losing my own sanity! Mother Seton, pray for me!

2 Comments:

Blogger startonline said...

Great site folks, been looking for this kind of information. I have a related wedding anniversary gift
site also. You may want to take a look some time. wedding anniversary gift
I'll definitely be back.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

Laurel, Another year of religious education begins... turns out to be exactly what I am looking for, for my site homeschool lesson plans . With your permission, I would like to publish it.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home