The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Friday, September 02, 2005

The big move to new bedrooms...

...or maybe a better title for the post might be "WHERE do we put all these books??" I came home from work to find that my Ape husband, along with the help of the Authoress and the Storm Queen had in fact moved the rest of the furniture to their new locations...quite a task! Right now they can find their beds and I have clean clothes in the laundry. The rest of the upstairs is just pile after pile of books...some are where they should be, and most will still need to be moved. I also have dust bunny retirement communities all over the place...it will be great for my allergies! Tomorrow we'll have to hit the dollar store for a couple of nightlights as the girls' old room had a dimmer switch, but the main part of it all is done.

I also went and turned in my work keys today--all but my actual office key, as I hadn't moved my stuff out yet. I did that tonight, and the car is full and THAT will have to be unloaded in the morning...but I am now "officially" done (aside from the many phone calls yet to come!). My new job is going really well...after three weeks I am now the senior person on my shift and will start closing the building next week. The guy who was supposed to work the later timeframe had been on suspension and didn't show the first night he was due back...needless to say, they'll be hiring someone new! Aside from the fact that the job is somewhat boring from time to time, I love it. The people are great, it's entirely kid friendly, and promises to help me get into shape to boot! I've been going to TOPS since January and have taken off about 30 pounds, but realized that for any real lasting effect and the remainder of the weight coming off, I really HAVE to work exercise into my lifestyle...maybe it will grow on me~ :O)

Off to bed....hopefully I can find my OWN clean clothes for morning!

3 Comments:

Blogger Epiphany said...

:)

I'm so glad to know that I am not the only one with a mountain of books.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Magou said...

MORE Congratulations are in order I see - the TOPS thing - WOWOWOWOW - YUCK on the exercise as part of regular life thing but alas I have come to the same conclusion quite a while ago - still have not taken the plunge but know that's what I have to do..again congrats on the job thing...they are lucky to have you...I hope the beginning of the school year is going well - here is OK busy though so that is good news for my job...LOVE

8:22 AM  
Blogger Magou said...

Oh and also....holy bookmobile Batman - you could put them in bins labeled by age and category and put them somewhere not in the rooms...just a thought - leaving the current books and the all-time favorites out on the shelves...you could rotate who has a turn on the shelves about every 2 to 3 years???

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home