The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Friday, September 23, 2005

Following Hurricane Rita through the blogs

I was just over at Minivan Mom's blog and reading about all the preparation they've continued with in preparing for Rita, and it hit me. The thing that drives me nuts about the weather reporters and the news is that it seems so STAGED....like the nut out holding on to the street pole so the wind won't knock him over....in a CAT 3-4 hurricane. Seems pretty stupid to me, but I guess it's about ratings. And then in reading the blogs of an online buddy from NW Houston, it all seems so REAL. These are people who are LIVING it...not trying to impress anyone, just trying to do all they can to keep their homes and loved ones safe.
They also gave some other Houston blogs in their post who will be updating as best they can. I plan on checking in with these folks on a regular basis to get a more genuine firsthand account....please keep them all in your prayers, along with the countless others who are getting ready to face Rita.

1 Comments:

Blogger Epiphany said...

Thank you so much for your prayers, your kind words...and that awesome cake recipe!!! Knowing that all of you were out there thinking of us and praying for us, kept my sanity and my stress level under control.

Thank you.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home