The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

October Potpourri

I just checked a few of the blogs I read regularly, and for some reason it dawned on me to check my own.....and I realized that I hadn't blogged--aside from comments on a few other blogs--in a MONTH. So...just to let you know that I am indeed alive, here is the latest on October news:

--Girls finished their first quarter of homeschooling with mostly "A-" and a couple of "B+"....areas to work on included getting up a bit earlier to start the day's work before lunch!

--I continue to love me job at the Y...girls love it even more because it means that they can have "swimming" as their gym class twice a week.

--My homeschool musical theater class just had auditions for our spring production of OZ, and my daughter (The Authoress) was thrilled to be cast in the role of Glinda.

--My third grade REF class is going well; aside from a handful of boys being--well, BOYS--they are all interested and interesting.....not only that, I had one tell me that he liked this year MUCH more than last year already.

--My accompanist job is going okay, although the students in the group seem to think that attendance is optional alot of the time...I suspect that sometimes in the next week or so I'll have my semi-anual panic attack of "oh my Gosh-it's a month till the concert and I don't know my music!!!!!" (Just ask my Ape husband...he'll vouch for me!) I also threaten to quit about now, but then the first check arrives and I realize that this job tends to pay for Christmas and spring vacation weekend (or fix the whatever just broke down money)....so bring on the panic attack! (And every concert goes off just fine)

--I also realize around now that I'm possibly once again just a TAD overextended in activities...I talk to other homeschool moms who do nothing BUT homeschool...and if even THEY still have too many dust bunnies, then I know that I'm forever cursed with them at my house! (Ask my Ape husband...he'll vouch for that one, too!)

And for a couple of totally unrelated tidbits:

One night this month I was stopping to buy milk, and as I began to write out the check, I said to the cashier "It's the 18th, right?" "No...it's the 19th" was the reply. With pen in mid air, I looked up and said, "No, it CAN'T be the 19th...that's tomorrow" Looking at me as though I was a bit strange, the not-so-kind reply was "No...it's the 19th TODAY--for another hour or so". At this point, I managed to squelch the agonized cry from deep within. I realized that I had just screwed up and missed my best friend's birthday for probably the first time since I'd come to know and love her. She got a good laugh out of it, and I'm sure I was the talk in the employees break room for a few days. By the way, her gift is still sitting on my dryer ready to be mailed....I'll try to get it to you by Christmas (that's the 26th of December, right?)

And for a final laugh, I heard this one comment from a friend's teenage son, and I think it's the best excuse I ever heard as to why I'll never eat liver again!:

"I refuse to eat another living creature's poison filter!"

9 Comments:

Blogger Ted Roxan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Epiphany said...

She's Alive!

I was beginning to worry that I had lost another fellow blogger.

Don't fret over the birthday...I did the same thing to my mother this year, for the first time ever. Her birthday is on the 10th, and all that day I thought it was the 9th, so somewhere around 8 or 9 that night, I called her and begged for her to forgive me for being such an awful daughter. Thankfully, she did.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Ted Stander said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Laurel said...

All but one of the comments have been deleted due to being the same person/site trying to spam or link to a virus...anyone else have this trouble??

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home