The Dizzy Disciple

Who you are is God's gift to you. Who you become is your gift to God. As a homeschool mom, I am both teaching and learning everyday. May I always be a disciple who is unafraid to have her light shine!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States

I'm a Catholic homeschool mom with two daughters, one husband, and four cats. In addition to being the "teacher" at home, I teach weekly at our area learning center, as well as work at our local YMCA a few times a week. Occasionally I take to the stage and have some fun on my own!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Dormant no more...

Lately I've been feeling a real desire to write and blog again; I guess the healing has progressed. I've also decided that I will keep this a homeschool blog and not talk about extended family at all; last year an inadvertant post resulted in a very hurtful email that I received, and since then I've had little motivation to share.

The girls and I are have started yet another year of homeschooling, and I seem to be reading more and more of John Holt's books....not ready to take that "total" plunge into unschooling, but with the oldest looking at high school next year we will definitely be letting her do the curriculum choosing more and more.

My youngest is still as strong willed as ever, but in between the battles she is full of joy and laughter. This year she has begun taking both French and Sign Language, and can now sing the ABC's in French while signing them....my little linguist! She has also just joined the children's choir at church and is very excited to learn that they will sing on Christmas Eve.

My oldest continues to love writing and theater, and next week our homeschool music theater class has auditions for "Through the Looking Glass". As both "mom" and "director", I've had a hard time separating the roles....we've talked about it quite a bit, and I think we're both as ready as we can be!

I will be updated my blogroll when I have time; I've spent so little time in the blogosphere until the past couple of months, and have lots of blogs to add and quite a few that I haven't visited in ages.....for now, I'm finally feeling awake again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home